Search This Blog

May 9, 2015

Winter Colour Diet :: Session #8



As it turns out, I like these colours enough that I am just going to keep right on going with this palette for the forseeable future, using stuff up and putting new colours in as I run out of things. It's a healthy way to work through the unwieldy stash of glass I have in the spare room, and I work better with this structure in place.

If you are new to beadmaking, it may be difficult for you, but I hope that you can find a way to resist the urge to overbuy glass. When I started, it was just a few rods here and there when I went to the studio to torch, but over time became a full-blown buying problem where I was spending a couple thousand dollars a year on glass that I may not manage to use up before I die. Your tastes change over time, and colours that look nice in the rod and work for other people won't necessarily be good citizens in your designs. It doesn't take much glass to make each bead, and it takes a long time to work through glass you wish you'd never purchased in the first place if you aren't torching full-time.


Bead, I dub thee 'Clown Paint'.


I am enjoying this concept of a murrini flower matching cane used on the same bead, and am looking forward to trying other colour combinations.


This is my second or third bead using these colours, and it is the best one yet of the Opal Yellow/Rainbow Wigwag/Hades combo. I did better with heat control in this bead, so the design is more crisply defined, and the surface doesn't have as much reduction film on the Copper Green as in previous iterations of this colour combination.


The base here is of Lizard, and the dots are Absinthe. There is Wood along the sides of the bead, and the rainbow wigwag is wrapped around the bead on the diagonal, twice.


This one is Kalypso over a core of Ink Blue Violet. It was reduced and encased, and then decorated with Wood flowers and Copper Green leaves and stems.


This bead used a twistie made from Absinthe, Black Pearl, and Kalypso with some Intense Black on a base of Absinthe. The goldstone was applied and then paddled into the surface, the core was reduced,  and then I encased with Clear before adding the surface decoration.



And finally, this is my Absinthe goddess bead. Absinthe is a surprisingly beautiful colour :)


No comments:

Post a Comment