Search This Blog

May 4, 2015

Winter Colour Diet :: Session #7


This is Session #7, and in case you aren't sure what I'm doing or why I'm doing it, let me recap. Back in November, before my job's travel demands got really silly and Christmas unleashed itself on me, I made a decision to repeat my own history and challenged myself to use a particular set of colours for eight consecutive torching sessions.  The details I provided at the time about why, what the colours would be, and the rules of engagement were outlined in this post.

This whole exercise has been pretty frustrating, but I've proved to myself that it is a really effective way to learn more about the colours I'm using. I've also demonstrated to myself that within four sessions of starting with a set of colours that are largely new to me, I can start making beads that make me happy.

 

For some reason, this session had me wanting to make smaller beads, and so these two focals are a fair bit smaller than I usually make. I really like the design of the rightmost bead, and feel that using white behind the flower petals helped them stand out and that the colours in the twistie came out pretty.




Here, I used Kalypso on top of Dark Ivory, and used a Silvered Ivory twistie up the bead's size. I love the colours and the cool curdling of the Dark Ivory, but the Kalypso flowers didn't move as much as I would have liked. I will need to remember that colours sink into Dark Ivory and work more carefully and a bit larger on top of this colour.


The Kalypso is over-reduced in this bead, but I like it anyway. I think the reactions make this bead really interesting to look at. The flowers were Opal Yellow. The core of the bead may also have been Opal Yellow - I wish I could remember!


I am pretty sure I used Opal Yellow in the core of this bead as well, with much different results.  All of the pink under the twistie is Kalypso. It's encased with Uroboros 104 COE Clear.


This small nugget set is Copper Green, Opal Yellow, and Kalypso. I didn't realize how much I missed making little sets, and can't wait to make some more :)

No comments:

Post a Comment