Search This Blog

August 10, 2012

Progress Feels Really Good

If you've been lampworking for a few years now, and you're occasionally feeling like getting on the torch is a struggle and things aren't coming together as well as you'd like, and you're scratching your head for ideas...

Go back and look at the beads (or the pictures of the beads) you made in the first year or so.

I made all of these beads in the fall of 2008, when I'd been lampworking less than six months.

 
 

 

Choose a style that uses techniques that you really wish you had mastered better, and out of those ones, the ones that you liked the best. I chose goddesses, because I've already done a fair bit of bicone re-investigation. I may try hearts next, this was so much fun :)

Make some.

I made a whole bunch of these, and now I can't really seem to stop. Here are my two favourites so far:

 

 


Do a little happy dance if the new ones are a LOT better than the early ones. Make a lot of them. 

You might be surprised to find improvement has been hibernating inside you, and it's amazing how good that can make you feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment