Search This Blog

June 15, 2012

Test Results :: Blue Moon

1 - Plain, 2 - Plain (reduced), 3 - Over Clear, 4 - w/ Silver Leaf, 5 - w/ Silver Leaf (reduced & encased), 6 - w/ Silver Glass Frit (reduced), 7 - w/ TerraNova2 Frit, 8 & 9 - w/ Tuxedo, Copper Green, Opal Yellow, Ivory and Peace

CiM Blue Moon is a transparent blue limited run colour that is similar to Sapphire, although it is a little less saturated and quite a bit greyer. It is quite a bit darker than CiM Caribbean. Blue Moon is a very well-behaved transparent colour. I experienced no shocking, no splintering, no boiling and no scumming up while using it. What a treat!

The colour of Blue Moon in thin layers is a beautiful, greyish blue. In small, self-coloured spacers, Blue Moon is so dark that it looks almost black, however in thin layers over clear and other light colours it lightens up significantly. Blue moon is also barely reactive, meaning that it is a nice, stable WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) colour.


In the bead on the left, Silver Leaf on top of Blue Moon has spread a little, and has formed a greyish crust. When the silver is reduced and encased, it goes a blueish white colour.


Here, with silver glass, Blue Moon is not very remarkable. The reduction silver glass looks sort of flat on top of it (as it does on most blues) and the TerraNova2 frit didn't really get jump started.


I didn't really get any reactions at all between Blue Moon and the other colours I tested it with. I'm not sure this has ever happened to me before and I'm not really sure how to handle it.  lol.

Peace separated a little on top of Blue Moon, that's seriously the only thing I see here. And I don't know how remarkable it is because Peace seems to react with everything I test.

No comments:

Post a Comment